* Cockroaches are known to carry 33 types of bacteria, 6 parasitic worms and trigger asthma attacks.
* A cockroach can live up to nine days without its head.
* Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour, which means they can spread germs and bacteria throughout a home very quickly.
* The American cockroach has shown a marked attraction to alcoholic beverages, especially beer.
* There are 35,000 species of spiders, 27 species are known to have caused human fatalities.
* Some male spiders pluck their cobwebs like a guitar, to attract female spiders.
* A flea can jump 130 times it's height.
* Bed bugs prefer to hide in cracks and crevices during the daytime and come out to feed on the host's blood at night, usually while the host is sleeping.
* A housefly can only ingest liquid material. They regurgitate their food to liquefy the food that they are going to eat.
* The amount of blood a female mosquito drinks per serving is five millionths of a liter.
* Ants don't sleep.
* When the only queen ant dies, so does the entire colony, because no new workers are born.
* In perfect conditions, a nest of mice can deposit 18,000 droppings and produce 2,500 heirs in a six-month period.
To Make You Laugh Or Quiver
If any of these facts made you go eekks, oh no, yikes or ick! Give Witten Pest Control a call @ 210-333-5540 or submit the form below and let us handle your pest problems.
Witten Pest Control
A trusted, family owned and operated pest control and termite control company serving San Antonio and surrounding areas since 1948.